Policies and Guidelines for Vendor Participation
Invitations and Applications
- Prior invitation or participation is not a guarantee of future invitations or right to participate.
- UCET reserves the right to withdraw an invitation or to reject a vendor’s application for participation in UCET event.
- Only vendors who have an authorized table(s) and have registered as a vendor for the specific event are allowed in the Vendor areas.
- Table/booth/display area assignments are made based on level. After that date, those spaces will open to Gold level vendors. Silver level and playground assignments are on a first come, first served basis.
- Display areas must be ordered of a sufficient size to accommodate a vendor’s display. For Platinum and Gold vendors, there is an area of approximately 12×12. Standups are permitted as long as they fit into that space. The height for the standups is 15 feet in the main Union Corridor (Platinum and Gold only.) Space is limited to 6 ft x 6 ft tall and MUST BE one-sided. (Silver only)
- Displays must be setup and torn down during the scheduled times.
- Each display area/table/booth comes with admittance to the conference and vendor areas for two (silver level), six (gold level), or max of ten (platinum level) vendor representatives.
- Four representatives from each organization/company will be allowed at the Silver Level. At Gold level, six representatives are allowed. There is a ten person maximum for Platinum level.
- Additional vendor representatives will be accepted if paid in advance. The charge for additional personnel beyond the allowed number is negotiable depending on level.
- It is the responsibility of each Vendor Company Point of Contact to submit to the UCET Vendor Liaison an accurate vendor representative name list at least one week prior to the event. Only persons with the proper UCET-issued credentials are allowed to attend events.
- If a vendor wishes to present, the vendor must apply by the deadline for presenters. The vendor must also pay the vendor registration fee by the presentation deadline. Platinum vendors must inform vendor liaison of desired classroom and number of presentations.
- Vendors are welcome to sponsor UCET activities throughout the conference. Arrangements for sponsorship must be made through the UCET Vendor Liaison.
- Sponsorship will be acknowledged on the UCET web site and for Platinum vendors, their logo will be on staff t-shirts as well as banners throughout the venue.
- Vendors may bring up to 2 signs (3X5 banners) or 2 pull up banners announcing their sponsorship of an event.
- For Platinum sponsors and those sponsoring a breakfast or snack, all food in the Union building must be purchased/handled through the University of Utah. To sponsor a snack, lunch, or breakfast in another location within the conference, outside food must be approved by the Vendor Liaison.
- Registration is made through CVENT.
- A vendor may register with a credit card, check, or P.O.
- Payment in full (or arrangement for such) of all applicable fees must be received prior to final application approval.
- If paying by invoice, payment is not received by the due date stated on the invoice, the booth/table/display area assigned to the vendor will be cancelled.
- Returned Checks incur a $50.00 returned check fee. The replacement check must be a cashier’s or certified check for the entire amount due, including the returned check fee. If replacement funds are not received within seven (7) days, the application will be cancelled and the vendor will not be allowed to participate in any UCET. The Conference Committee will be notified of bad checks or nonpayment and will decide on any further action.
- Any vendor who owes the UCET money past the date of any event will be removed from the invitation list. This removal may be appealed to the UCET Group Liaison only after restitution is made.
- Vendors needing to cancel may do so at any time prior to January 31, 2019 and will receive 50% of their registration returned.
- Vendors needing to cancel after January 31, 2019 may do so but will forfeit all registration costs.
Code of Conduct
- Each vendor company representative at any UCET event will behave in a professional, business-like manner.
- Rudeness or insulting behavior will not be tolerated from vendor representatives or members. Infractions are to be immediately reported to the UCET Vendor Liaison or another member of the Leadership Committee for resolution.
- No one may order anything in the name of the UCET for payment by the UCET unless authorized in writing to do so by the UCET Vendor Liaison. Unauthorized ordering will result in permanent removal from the invitation list.
- A vendor representative entering an event to which the vendor is not invited or entitled to attend will be cause for removal from the invitation list and may be cause for ejection from all events.
- By responding to an invitation and making application to participate, the vendor’s designated point of contact acknowledges that he/she has read these Policies and Guidelines and agrees that all representatives of the vendor will abide by them.
- Vendors may not break down their booths until after the closing session on Friday, March 15, 2019. This is very important as the noise level is very distracting for the closing session attendees and speakers.
- If a vendor must break down prior to the closing session, prior approval is REQUIRED. A $250 fine will be assessed to any violation.
UCET Vendor Liaison:
Last Update 04/19/2018 SW